The EAHAD Certification and Audit of Haemophilia Centres Working Group was formed in October 2020 to update the current guidelines on the certification of European Haemophilia Centres to include monitoring of novel treatment products and to establish an audit procedure across European haemophilia centres to improve patients care.
The Certification and Audit of Haemophilia Centres Working Group’s tentative goals are:
- To update the current guidelines on the Certification of European Haemophilia Centres to include administration and monitoring of novel treatment products and gene therapy.
- To collect and analyse information about national haemophilia audit practices and procedures in different countries.
- To set standards for the auditing of Haemophilia Centres in Europe to improve the quality of patient care.
- To work in close collaboration with the Gene Therapy Working group to establish the parameters of the Hub and Spoke model.
- To set up a pilot project to evaluate the feasibility, duration, and cost of implementing audits as a permanent part of the certification process.
- To establish and coordinate an audit procedure across European haemophilia centres by assessing and improving patient care, creating a culture of quality improvement, and offering education to participants.
The members of the working group are:
Dr Fariba Baghaei
Prof. Ana Boban
Steering Committee Member
Prof. Karin Fijn van Draat
Dr Robert Klamroth
Dr Paul Mclaughlin
Prof. Wolfgang Miesbach
Chief Executive Officer European Haemophilia Consortium
Prof. Flora Peyvandi